How do YOU want to serve?
Why serve in a career in EMS?
1. Because our society depends upon EMT’s and paramedics to provide emergency medical care to its unfortunate ill and injured; regardless of time of day, weather condition, or the ability to pay for services rendered.
Selfless individuals have always answered the call of persons in need, and in modern times those answering the call for medical care have worked and trained to become professional EMT’s and paramedics. This tradition of selflessness is especially evidenced by persons who volunteer their professional services in population areas who cannot otherwise afford to provide paid professional EMS services. The ultimate goal of all EMS is service to our fellow man.
2. Because our population is aging more every day.
The generation known as the “baby boomers” is now reaching the golden years of life and will shortly begin to become elderly. The elderly population utilizes emergency medical services more than any other because of failing health and a susceptibility to accidents. The entire world’s medical establishment is quietly changing in anticipation of future needs of the majority elderly and EMS is currently developing to face those needs by escalating excellent futures and career paths for those who aspire to become EMS providers.
3. Because the profession of medicine and the technology of EMS is changing and improving every day.
As technology continuously advances so shall educational requirements and demands to those who wish to spend their careers in EMS.
4. Because a career spent in service to others returns rewards that are far above what salary, recognition or prestige can reflect.
As Helen Keller said, “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”
5. Because it is a tough job, but someone has to do it.
If you are perusing this site and other educational / service opportunities then you may be the person for the job. EMS is a rewarding career and an outstanding opportunity.
· An opportunity for education.
· An opportunity for fulfillment.
· An opportunity to make a difference.
· An opportunity for excellence.